10 minutes to prep, then chill overnight
Best to chill overnight for best flavor and consistency.
4 meal-sized servings or 8 snack-sized servings
2 1/2 cups fresh halved strawberries (reserve 1 cup for topping)
2/3 cup unsweetened coconut cream
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup coconut flakes (for topping)
1/4 cup chopped nuts/seeds (for topping) (I used a combo of pumpkin, hemp, sesame, and flax)
1. Place 1 1/2 cup strawberries, coconut cream, and water in a blender and blend for approximately 45 seconds.
2. Pour mixture into a mixing bowl.
3. Add vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest, and chia seeds to the strawberry/coconut mix and stir to combine.
4. Pour into 4 separate airtight containers (I used pint-sized mason jars with lids and rings) and place in the refrigerator overnight.
5. Top with additional berries, coconut flakes, and chopped nuts/seeds before serving.
Approximate Nutritional Information (Per Meal-Sized Serving):
Calories - 352
Carbs - 22 grams
Fiber - 15 grams
Protein - 10 grams
Fat - 24 grams