1 Tbsp olive oil
3 heaping Tbsp minced garlic (you like garlic, right?)
10 ounces shrimp (peeled and deveined)
8 asparagus spears cut into 2-inch pieces
1 small jar artichoke hearts in water, cut in half (save water for broth)
6 ounces fire-roasted diced tomatoes in water (save water for broth)
1/4 cup water
juice and zest from 1 lemon
1/8 cup chopped fresh parsley
crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
sea salt, to taste
coarse black pepper, to taste
1. Pat shrimp dry with paper towels, then season lightly with salt and pepper.
2. Heat olive oil on medium high in skillet. Sauté minced garlic until fragrant (1-2 minutes).
3. Add shrimp and sauté until almost cooked, about 3 minutes. Remove shrimp from pan.
4. Add asparagus and sauté for about 1 minute, until bright green.
5. Add all remaining ingredients (cooked shrimp, artichokes, tomatoes and water, artichokes and water, lemon zest and juice, water, half of the parsley, crushed red pepper) and simmer on low for about 5 minutes, until shrimp are fully cooked.
6. Turn off the heat and add the rest of the parsley.
Serve over zucchini noodles or ribbons for a lower carb alternative. Toss in the zucchini noodles at step 5 with all remaining ingredients.