1 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
3 Tablespoons unsweetened almond or hazelnut butter
1/2 Tablespoon dark cocoa powder
1/2 Tablespoon cocoa powder
3 Tablespoons unsweetened coconut cream (the chunks in your canned coconut milk)
5 Tablespoons almond or hazelnut meal (finely ground almonds or hazelnuts)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 Tablespoon maple syrup
14 hazelnuts (for stuffing inside) + 1/4 cup crushed hazelnuts (for topping)
1. Stir together the coconut oil, almond butter, and cocoa powders over low heat for approximately 30 seconds to combine well.
2. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients, except the hazelnuts, until well blended.
3. Place crushed hazelnuts on a plate and have whole hazelnuts nearby.
4. Working one at a time, roll mixture into small balls (recipe makes approximately 14 bite-sized balls), gently stuff a hazelnut inside the ball, and then roll the entire ball in the crushed hazelnuts, generously covering.
5. Refrigerate completed balls for at least 1 hour before serving.
6. Store completed balls in the refrigerator or freeze for longer storage.
Mixture may seem loose at first but will solidify into balls when refrigerated.