20 minutes + 1 hour chill
20 1-inch bites
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup raw cashews
4-5 pitted Medjool dates (approximately 3/4 cup - do not pack)
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, plus 1/8 cup for rolling on the outside
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 drops lemon essential oil (ingestible grade)
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest, plus 1/2 tablespoon for rolling on the outside
1. Remove the pits from the dates!!!
2. Pulse almonds and cashews in food processor until crumbly (some fine crumbs and slightly larger pieces).
3. Add dates, coconut, lemon juice, and vanilla and process until well blended, approximately 2 minutes (scrape sides as needed - mixture will be sticky).
4. Add lemon zest and essential oil, pulse for an additional 30 seconds to incorporate.
5. Roll mixture into approximately 20 balls, about 1-inch in diameter (size of a large marble).
6. Mix additional coconut and lemon zest together on a small plate. Roll each ball in the mixture.
7. Place balls in a single layer (until chilled) in an airtight container and chill for 1 hour before serving.
8. Store balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several days or freeze for longer storage.
Approximate Nutrition Information Per Bite:
Calories - 76
Carbs - 7 grams
Fiber - 1 gram
Protein - 1.5 grams
Fat - 5 grams