1 pound ground turkey
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp + 1 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp + 1 tsp salt
1 tsp + 1 tsp coarse ground black pepper
1 tsp dried sage
5 sprigs fresh thyme
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 1/2 cup cauliflower rice
1/2 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
1 large bell pepper, roughly chopped
15 oz can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
5 cups turkey or chicken bone broth or stock
4 large handfuls of baby spinach
*additional salt and pepper, as desired
1. Heat olive oil over medium high heat in large stock pot.
2. Add ground turkey to the pot and season with 1 tsp poultry seasoning, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, and 1 tsp sage. Mix to break into chunks and combine seasonings with meat. Cook until meat is fully cooked (will turn white), approximately 8 minutes.
3. Add the cauliflower rice, carrots, onions, and peppers to the meat and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
4. Add the bone broth/stock, the can of tomatoes (including the tomato water), 1 tsp poultry seasoning, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, and the fresh thyme (including stems) to the pot. Stir to combine.
5. Turn heat to high until boiling, then simmer over low for another 20 minutes.
6. Remove thyme stems.
7. Place a handful of spinach in each bowl and add soup and broth to bowl. Stir to combine the spinach (will wilt slightly) and serve!
8. Add additional salt and pepper, as desired.
Approximate Nutrition Information (per serving):
21 grams carbs
6 grams fiber
37 grams protein
13 grams fat